Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Request for Poems: Aubade

Hope everyone had a good week writing poetry.

I know that I'm "love"d out. This is the only week in the school semester when I allow my poetry-writing students to write love poetry and I've just about had it. One more day! I have some really talented kids but when it comes to love, they turn into mush writers. It's been a challenge getting them to show the love instead of just telling. "Love you, love you for eternity, I want to spend the rest of my life with you," Bleck!

So, I can't wait to read what you guys have written! I know I'm going to enjoy them!

Please leave a link in Mr. linky to anything you'd like to share whether it be an aubade or not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Linda!
I tried, I did...but to quote you: Bleck! Love poems and I do not mix!

So, I give you horses!

Anonymous said...

I created this, inspired by the read write image prompt -- but it is about profound absolute love... so I thought it was apropos here.

Ofira Sephiroth said...

I wrote an Aubade but not sure if it's right. I don't write many love poems...honestly can't stand them, so I wrote from a cheaters point of view.