Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Totally Optional Prompt is Work

I accumulated these quotes over a number of years. The attributions have not been double-checked and might not be accurate, that would be too much work.

My father taught me to work; he did not teach me to love it. Abraham Lincoln
You’d be grumpy, too, if you woke up and found yourself at work. Bob Thaves
I am a friend of the working man, and I would rather be a friend than be one. Clarence Darrow

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Remarks on the prompt, your latest poetry discovery, or this 'poetry exchange' blog can be made as comments to this posting. Late Wednesday night, between Letterman and Conan O'Brien, I'll post a Request For Poems, where you can leave a link to your poem inspired by the prompt, or any other poem you want to share.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally Outrageous Prompt - the dreamlife of letters: btw, it's in alphabetical order, kinda(;run the poem and pick a letter for yourself!

Linda said...

In response to Alan's above comment:

I have a feeling letters will be dancing in my dreams tonight! Crazy good! ~Linda

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of a poem about work.