Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Request For 'First Giraffe' Poems

It's time to show your cards, and see what the other poets have on their minds. The Linky widget included with this posting is a fine way to leave a link to your poem inspired by the 'First Giraffe' prompt, or any other poem you want to share. Comments are available if Linky doesn't work for you, or you want to add encouraging remarks, or any other remarks.

I'm through for a while so Saturday night Tiel Aisha Ansari will put up the next Totally Optional Prompt. And, thanks for your support.


8 comments:

Andy Sewina said...

Thanks again for the prompt I really enjoyed researching this!

classy chick said...

I'm new to TOP so I'm still finding my way around poetry, so please bear with me. (hmm.. sounds a rhyme)

Thanks for the prompt!

gautami tripathy said...

This prompt did nothing for me. Hence no participation. Enjoy all of you..

Anonymous said...

Great prompt for the times.

Meg said...

this was quite a fun topic. mine's just a short haiku, but i thought it was funny.

Anonymous said...

I love this prompt. Alas, it sent me to write a short story instead of a poem, and it isn't finished yet.

But thanks for the prompt anyway!

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your site and felt the challenge to write something. I wrote a senryu. I had a blast writing this and reading the other submissions.

My Beautiful African is up at my place: http://bevies-place.livejournal.com/31683.html

Holly Mac said...

I normally wouldn't use the link to my whole page, but I hadn't written anything since January and suddenly this week...4 poems! They're all pseudo-related to each other (but not this week's prompt). One is in response to the long past prompt "Letter to the Editor."