Sunday, December 14, 2008

Totally Optional Prompt: Firsts

There is something very memorable about the firsts in our lives. I remember my first day of kindergarten, clinging desperately to my mom with one hand and having the teacher, Mrs. Neilson, practically pulling my other arm out of its socket trying to get me away from her. Kind of ironic that I became a teacher!

Anyway, that's the prompt this week: write a poem about a first in your life. The possibilities are endless, really.

First vehicle
First kiss
First marriage
First grade
First flight
First drink

I could go on all day! Instead, I think I'll go write a poem.

Please come back on Thursday to leave a link to your first anything and if this doesn't inspire you, then leave a link to any poem you'd like to share.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting!! i will be back soon :)