Sunday, December 7, 2008

Totally Optional Prompt: Persona Poem

You know what I like best about poetry? The freedom! I'm able to do whatever I want with words and lines. And I especially feel that way when I write a persona poem. I can be whoever and whatever I want.

So, that's your prompt this week: be someone or something else. Write a poem in the voice of whomever or whatever you'd like. Here's your chance to shed your own skin and be someone or something else. You could be Shakespeare, Obama, Britney Spears, Shaquille O'Neil, an airplane, a coffee cup, anything!

Like Atticus says to Scout in To Kill a Mockingbird, you never know other people until you walk around in their shoes. This is your chance to do just that.

Please come back on Thursday to leave a link to whatever you've written this week. Even if you're just yourself, we still want to read about it!

And the most important thing? Have fun! Feel the freedom of being able to do whatever you want with words!

0 comments: